Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grandes Culos Gratis Riverside

"Elbing 1945. Discovered memories" Michael Thomas hardened

Since I can remember the story was my passion. Since the early school years was associated with her own future, and even a few months before the final exams I was sure that it was supposed to be a historian. But like everything else, including and interests change.
history remains my passion, but not in whole. My admiration ends in the Middle Ages, from the days of war I'm only interested History of Pearl Harbor
and my hometown.
therefore with great apprehension, but curiosity I joined to read the book and volume Elbing 1945. Before that I looked at page run by the same author, which
largely enriched my adventure with the text, as well as the city of Elblag.
do not know what to expect when the book Thomas stiffened, but whatever it was, the reality surpassed my wildest expectations.
the author did, in my opinion quite difficult, however, fall out great-true events, true stories, relationships, memories and decided to put in a less strictly factual, and more literary. He decided on a form-and-win in my opinion, an extraordinary book. Dialogues, many descriptions of style combined with dates, names of organizations and authentic places, created a text that besides learning and presented the history of the last few months of World War II and the then inhabitants of Elblag is fascinating reading, reminiscent of the stylized novel factual. Initially
annoyed me a fair number of footnotes, but soon I found out how much to contribute content. The author has shown a remarkable knowledge of topographical, each name that occurs once a fortified an appropriate footnote presents a contemporary.
position enrich graphics that remind me of the comic book than this, than from the chronicle, however, significantly affect the aesthetic qualities. Being on this topic is worth mentioning
an excellent cover, which is extremely eye-catching and attention, and the texture seems to be perfect.
At the end of the book the reader will find attachments that are indispensable and invaluable
supplement. They will find a comparative table of ranks in Polish, Russian and German, selection of biographies of the Russians, and a census of German and Polish geographical names and street names. The author also posted at the end of a list of websites that may be helpful in studying the history of Elblag.
thing that I liked most in the book was the fact that present life of ordinary people, their daily lives, their feelings, dreams, desires and aspirations. The authors of historical books often focus on the same facts, forgetting that after all the events were attended by people who are just like everyone else suffered, dreamed of freedom and life without the shackles of war. Here you will find it all-love, expectations, plans unrealized. Everything so very human, and unfortunately, because of the war so far.
book ends at the time, which forces you to reach for the next part, at the time in which the acquisition of Elblag is just beginning. There remains
me nothing but wholeheartedly recommend! Sam's get down to reading Volume II J


5 / 6



For a copy of the Institute recenzencki thank Eric and the publishing portal Sztukater.


I SBN 978-83-62329-0-90
Dimensions: 140 x 205 mm,
Number of pages: 368,
Cover: soft,
Edition: First,
Release Date: November 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment