Sunday, April 24, 2011

Irritable Bowel And Aching Legs

"Moonlight Mile" - Dennis Lehane

not without reason that the name of the author life deserves only one author.
Although the pantheon of my favorites to be more for me with the creators of great importance, it is Dennis Lehane is my number one.
Since in 2005, came into contact with him was written by Mystic River film and formed on his canvas, I return to it at every opportunity, and the new items I buy on release. His work [yes, for me, these are the works] are a place of honor on my shelves and are one of the few that do not borrow.
not happen to me to read a book twice, unless the situation demands. The only exceptions are a novel Lehane, after which I return at least once a year. Most cherished a series of detectives Kenzie and Gennaro.
Moonlight Mile is another part of this cycle, I feel that last longer.
Lehane novels are not for me, you are sensational novels.
He created the world and detectives, whom I feel like at home. I find in him his life, each additional part for me is more than just a book. Angie and Patrick-the main characters-treat almost like family, their lives have been following the story from the beginning, I witnessed their ups and downs, adversity with which the witness had to fight, witnessed the blossoming of love, which was observed with a finial Moonlight Mile .
This is not a part that can not be understood without reading the previous ones. It refers to the threads of Where Gone Baby Gone? (on the background of the film directed by Ben Affleck-check it out!), But so subtly and skillfully that every new reader will understand what I mean.
But I can not imagine, to read it without a familiarization with the previous ones. It is not important to the story, but certainly important to understand Angie and Patrick, to understand the topic Bubby, the behavior of Amanda and the other characters. So just who will have the opportunity-I recommend reading the whole.

In Moonlight Mile Patrick and Angie are confronted with a challenge- Here once again must find the missing Amanda McCready, which twelve years before abducting her uncle. Then the girl was found and despite the fact that the family that abducted her was much better conditions than in the Centre, was given to the mother and the kidnapper thrown into prison. This event had an impact on her entire life and the lives of Detectives.
In consideration of the consequences of the events of the past years, finding it again is no easy task. Both characters, especially Detective Kenzie, must confront the ghosts of the past with remorse. Moreover, now look at the matter differently child-kidnapping became parents themselves and know what it is fear for their only offspring. Become a unique chance to redeem their wines, all the time asking yourself whether it is at all possible, and whether their work will not endanger the life of their child.
investigation leads them to surprising places and events. The book is full of twists and turns. Lehane attracts attention and can not break away from the book.
Still, I feel that this is one of his weaker novels. Quite sentimental, not as brutal as the previous one, not so sensational . At times I felt that I was in the book as Dan Brown. References to Twilight, lost items of historical significance-is not fit for Lehane. Not after what it was before.
Despite these shortcomings this book absolutely recommend.
remain Lehane Lehane. For me it is the best by an American, but unfortunately still not very widespread in the Polish market.
What surprised, because movies like last year Shutter Island, created on the canvas of the novel, no small concern in our success.

People who were not yet familiar with the pleasures of writing author-heartily recommend! The other probably recommend you do not need, because the author once read, can not be forgotten.

4 / 6

copy thank you very much for publishing Prószyński i S-ka.

Category: Horror , sensation, detective
ISBN: 978-83-7648-674-1
Original title: Moonlight Mile
Release Date: 04/05/2011
Format: 140mm x 205mm
Number of pages: 280

0 comments:

Post a Comment